WANTED: Certified Home Inspector
A current Oregon Home Inspector Certification combined with strong communication skills, and the desire to help our team grow are the skills you need to apply. No home inspection experience is needed.
Wild Rivers Inspections is looking for a motivated individual to join our team. We are a successful, growing home inspection company serving clients along the southern Oregon and northern California coast.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: As a home inspector for WRI, you will complete residential home inspections, prepare and submit reports using proprietary inspection software, and provide outstanding support and follow-up.
- A current Oregon Home Inspector Certification
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to fulfill the physical requirements of the job
- Good computer skills and the ability to write concise, accurate inspection reports
- Available to perform inspections Monday through Saturday
- Willing to travel all along the Wild Rivers Coast
- Be/become an associate member of the California Real Estate Inspectors Association (CREIA)
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Climb up and down ladders and stairs
- Balance to get on and off of roofs; walk on roofs
- Bend, squat and/or crawl to access crawl spaces and attics
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Close and distance vision and ability to differentiate subtle colors
- Hearing acuity to perceive subtle sounds
- Reach, finger, and grasp large and small objects
This is a physically demanding, people‐oriented business. If you enjoy being on the move, meeting new people, and providing them important information that can affect their lives, we are the company for you!
WRI provides all inspection tools, including software and computer equipment, E&O and liability insurance.
Compensation is based on experience and the number of inspections completed. Opportunities exist to increase your earning potential by obtaining additional certifications (infrared, RADON, mold, commercial, etc.).
To Apply: Submit a resume along with a cover letter that explains why you are the best candidate for this position, via EMAIL ONLY to [email protected]. Both items must be received for your inquiry to be considered.
IMPORTANT: A pre-employment background check and drug screening will be completed as part of the hiring process.
Wild Rivers Inspections is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Consistent with that goal, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
What does a home inspector do?
A home inspector primarily does residential home inspections for home buyers or home sellers as part of a real estate transaction. Inspection data is compiled then a report is written using proprietary inspection software.
The purpose of an inspection is to provide our clients objective, non-threatening information to help them make informed decisions about the condition of a home they want to buy or sell.
It is a physically demanding, people-oriented career that relies on attention to detail and excellent communication. To be successful an inspector must be able to climb a ladder, crawl under a house, and carry tools and equipment, plus enjoy what they are doing and show it.
An inspector must effectively communicate with customers, clients, and other team members; operate a computer and digital camera; navigate the internet and use various software applications.